Texas at San Antonio 78
(5-13, 4-7 away)
(6-12, 4-7 home)
Venue: Key Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
|Texas at San Antonio
|Texas at San Antonio
||K Burrage 18
||J Hill 6
||M Hale III 3
||C Trent 11
||D Sunderhaus 7
||P Obasi 4
On Thursday, January 24th, Texas-San Antonio took on Seattle and held on to beat the Redhawks 78-75 in conference play. Michael Hale III played well for the Roadrunners and put up a remarkable 35 points and four assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). Kannon Burrage also had a good outing, scoring 19 points and adding three rebounds. D`Vonne Pickett finished with 14 points and seven rebounds (6 Ast 5 Stl) for the Redhawks. Texas-San Antonio (5-12, 1-6 WAC) heads to Idaho (7-11, 3-5 WAC) on Saturday, January 26th.
Texas-San Antonio Game Notes
- The last time UTSA started the season 5-13 was 2006.
- UTSA beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Roadrunners have beaten the spread.
- The Roadrunners have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Texas-San Antonio has won 33 close games.
- The Roadrunners set season highs for free throws made and steals.
- The last time UTSA recorded at least 12 steals was Feb 01, 2012 against Texas-Arlington.
- The Roadrunners have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Texas-San Antonio has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 8 games.
- Michael Hale III recorded a team season high in points with 35, free throws made with 16, and free throws attempted with 17.
- Michael Hale III accounted for 44.8% of the team's points.
- Michael Hale III has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Edrico McGregor has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Michael Hale III's career.
- Michael Hale III had career highs with 35 points and 16 free throws made.
- Kannon Burrage has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jordan Sims.
Seattle Game Notes
- Seattle lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Redhawks have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Seattle has lost 14 close games.
- D`Vonne Pickett recorded a team season high in steals with 5.
- Deshaun Sunderhaus has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Clarence Trent has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 18 games this season.
|A+||M. Hale III||39||35||3||4||3||0||6|