San Diego 48
(11-10, 3-8 away)
Saint Mary's 81
(16-4, 12-1 home)
Venue: McKeon Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||J Dee 14
||C Manresa 6
||C Anderson 5
||M Dellavedova 16
||B Waldow 5
||M Dellavedova 6
Saint Mary's easily defeated San Diego 81-48 in West Coast play on Thursday, January 24th. This one was all Saint Mary's from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 42-19 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. The Gaels were led by Beau Levesque, who got a career-high 20 points plus five rebounds. Brad Waldow also had an outstanding game, scoring 15 points and adding five rebounds. For the Toreros, Mike Davis finished with eight points on 100% shooting. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Saint Mary's (16-4, 5-1 West Coast) welcomes Pepperdine (10-9, 2-4 West Coast).
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:15 left to go.
- The win over San Diego extended the Saint Mary's winning streak to 4 games.
- SMC beat the spread by 19.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- This was the 6th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SMC has been on the winning end of 57 blowout games.
- The Gaels have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Saint Mary's has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.7% or better.
- Saint Mary's has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- SMC has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.6% field goal percentage.
- SMC has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 14 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Brad Waldow has 15 points or more and 86% of the time (6-1) when Beau Levesque has 4 free throws made or more.
- SMC set a season low for three-point percentage.
- The Gaels have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 15 games.
- Saint Mary's has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SMC has a 21.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Matthew Dellavedova recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Beau Levesque and Brad Waldow) accounted for 43.2% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (16).
- This game was the 5th double-digit assist game of Matthew Dellavedova's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Beau Levesque's career.
- Beau Levesque had career highs with 20 points and 7 field goals made.
San Diego Game Notes
- San Diego lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Manresa and Dennis Kramer) accounted for 47.3% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (10) than the starters (9).
- The bench recorded more points (25) than the starters (23).
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring 14 times in 21 games this season.
- Chris Manresa has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Johnny Dee set a career high with a 67% three-point percentage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dennis Kramer.
|B-||J. Walker III||16||4||3||1||1||0||1|