Brigham Young 63
(15-6, 3-5 away)
(10) Gonzaga 83
(18-2, 13-1 home)
Venue: McCarthey Athletic Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||T Haws 20
||B Davies 7
||M Carlino 4
||K Olynyk 18
||E Harris 7
||K Pangos 3
No. 10 Gonzaga outshot Brigham Young 57%-36% and thumped the Cougars 83-63 in West Coast action on Thursday, January 24th. It was all Gonzaga from the beginning and they led 40-21 at the half. Kelly Olynyk had an impressive game for the Bulldogs and put up a game-high 26 points plus nine rebounds. Elias Harris played his way to a double-double with a season-high 25 points and 10 rebounds. Josh Sharp got a career-high 14 points on 83% shooting for the Cougars. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Gonzaga (18-2, 5-0 West Coast) welcomes San Francisco (9-11, 2-5 West Coast).
Gonzaga Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:00 left to go.
- The last time Zags started the season 18-2 was 2003.
- Zags beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Zags has been on the winning end of 56 blowout games.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 83 or more total points.
- Zags has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- Zags has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Gonzaga has won 100% of the time (8-0) when Kevin Pangos has 12 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Kelly Olynyk plays 31 minutes or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Elias Harris has 8 field goals made or more.
- The Bulldogs set season highs for blocks and turnovers.
- The last time Zags recorded at least 19 turnovers was Feb 23, 2012 against Brigham Young.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Zags has a 21.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Elias Harris recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- Kelly Olynyk accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Elias Harris and Kelly Olynyk) accounted for 51.3% of the rebounds.
- Kelly Olynyk has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 20 games this season.
- Elias Harris has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Elias Harris's career.
- Elias Harris has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Elias Harris recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 24th of his career.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Kelly Olynyk's career.
- Kelly Olynyk has 15 straight double-digit point games.
- Kelly Olynyk had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 5 assists.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- Brigham Young lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, BYU has been on the losing end of 4 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Davies and Josh Sharp) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 12 times in 21 games this season.
- Matt Carlino has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Davies has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|-||Guy Landry Edi||3||2||1||0||0||0||1|