On an evening when they outshot the Cardinal 53%-31%, Colorado easily beat Stanford 75-54 in conference action. This one was all Colorado from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 44-29 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. Andre Roberson secured a double-double for the Buffaloes with 12 points and 20 rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl). Askia Booker also had a strong outing, scoring a team-high 13 points and adding four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Chasson Randle got a game-high 15 points and six rebounds for the Cardinal. Next up for Colorado (13-6, 3-4 Pac 12) is California (11-7, 3-3 Pac 12) on Sunday, January 27th on their home court.
Colorado Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:15 left to go.
- The last time CU started the season 13-6 was 2011.
- CU beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Buffaloes have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, CU has been on the winning end of 23 blowout games.
- Colorado has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.6% or better.
- The Buffaloes have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 8 or more steals.
- CU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- This season Colorado has won 71% of the time (10-4) when Askia Booker has 13 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Andre Roberson has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Spencer Dinwiddie has 6 free throws made or more.
- The Buffaloes have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--CU has a 15.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Andre Roberson recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 17.
- Andre Roberson accounted for 41.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Askia Booker has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- Andre Roberson has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 19 games this season.
- Andre Roberson recorded the 52nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andre Roberson recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 33rd of his career.
- Andre Roberson had career highs with 20 rebounds and 17 defensive rebounds.
- Spencer Dinwiddie has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Stanford Game Notes
- Stanford lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Chasson Randle and Dwight Powell) accounted for 48.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dwight Powell and Josh Huestis) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Chasson Randle has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Chasson Randle has 5 straight double-digit point games.