Arizona State 98
(15-4, 12-3 home)
Venue: Wells Fargo Arena
10:30PM ET / 7:30PM PT, January 24, 2013
||E Wise 12
||D Dedmon 7
||J Fontan 4
||J Carson 17
||C Felix 8
||J Carson 5
In a high-scoring affair, USC stumbled against Arizona State 98-93 in overtime. The Trojans got a good effort from Byron Wesley, who put up 15 points and seven rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Eric Wise got a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds. For the Sun Devils, Evan Gordon finished with a game-high 28 points and three rebounds. USC (8-12, 3-4 Pac 12) goes to sixth-ranked Arizona (16-2, 4-2 Pac 12) on Saturday, January 26th.
USC Game Notes
- USC has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Trojans have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 4-7.
- The Trojans have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, USC has lost 33 close games.
- USC has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 8 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.8% or better this season, USC has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, USC has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 39.1% or better this season, USC has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- The Trojans set season highs for assists, field goals made, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The last time USC recorded at least 15 three-pointers was Jan 29, 2000 against Oregon State.
- The Trojans have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Jio Fontan recorded a team season high in points with 25 and field goals made with 8.
- Eric Wise tallied a team season high in field goals made with 8.
- JT Terrell tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Jio Fontan and JT Terrell) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Wise and Byron Wesley) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Jio Fontan has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Eric Wise has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Byron Wesley has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Eric Wise recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Eric Wise has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Eric Wise recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 17th of his career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Jio Fontan's career.
- Jio Fontan had career highs with 25 points and 5 three-pointers.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of JT Terrell's career.
- JT Terrell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Dewayne Dedmon.
Arizona State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Evan Gordon and Jahii Carson) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Gilling and Carrick Felix) accounted for 52.5% of the rebounds.
- Jonathan Gilling has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Evan Gordon's career.
- Evan Gordon has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Evan Gordon set a career high with 9 field goals made.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.
- Jonathan Gilling recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jonathan Gilling recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has 4 straight 20+ point games.