Arizona State 98
(15-4, 12-3 home)
Venue: Wells Fargo Arena
10:30PM ET / 7:30PM PT, January 24, 2013
||E Wise 12
||D Dedmon 7
||J Fontan 4
||J Carson 17
||C Felix 8
||J Carson 5
In a high-scoring matchup, Arizona State beat USC 98-93 in overtime. Evan Gordon put on a show for the Sun Devils and put up a game-high 28 points plus three rebounds. Carrick Felix played his way to a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. For the Trojans, Byron Wesley got 15 points and seven rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). The Sun Devils are on a five-game win streak. Arizona State (14-4, 4-2 Pac 12) gets UCLA (16-4, 6-1 Pac 12) at home on Saturday, January 26th.
Arizona State Game Notes
- ASU beat the spread by 1.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Sun Devils have beaten the spread.
- Arizona State has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Sun Devils have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 8-3.
- The Sun Devils have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Arizona State has won 26 close games.
- Arizona State has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.8% or better.
- The Sun Devils have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 9 or more three-pointers.
- Arizona State has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- ASU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 8 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Arizona State has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Carrick Felix has 16 points or more, 80% of the time (8-2) when Jordan Bachynski has 4 field goals made or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Jahii Carson has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Sun Devils set a season high for total points.
- The last time ASU recorded at least 98 total points was Nov 20, 2009 against San Francisco.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--ASU has a 8.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Evan Gordon and Jahii Carson) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Gilling and Carrick Felix) accounted for 52.5% of the rebounds.
- Jonathan Gilling has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Evan Gordon's career.
- Evan Gordon has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Evan Gordon had a career high with 9 field goals made.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.
- Jonathan Gilling recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jonathan Gilling recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has 4 straight 20+ point games.
USC Game Notes
- USC lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Trojans have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, USC has lost 33 close games.
- Jio Fontan recorded a team season high in points with 25 and field goals made with 8.
- Eric Wise tallied a team season high in field goals made with 8.
- JT Terrell tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Jio Fontan and JT Terrell) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Wise and Byron Wesley) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Jio Fontan has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Eric Wise has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Byron Wesley has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Eric Wise recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Eric Wise has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Eric Wise recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 17th of his career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Jio Fontan's career.
- Jio Fontan set career highs with 25 points and 5 three-pointers.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of JT Terrell's career.
- JT Terrell has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Dewayne Dedmon.