On Thursday, January 24th, Pacific turned the ball over just nine times and topped UC Riverside 63-58 in Big West action. Lorenzo McCloud guided the Tigers and put up a team-high 17 points plus three assists. Khalil Kelley had nine points and added three rebounds. For the Highlanders, Chris Patton finished with a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Pacific (11-8, 5-2 Big West) is Cal State Fullerton (11-8, 4-3 Big West) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Pacific Game Notes
- Pacific started 11-8 during the 2010, 2002, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Tigers have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Pacific has won 20 close games.
- Pacific has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- Pacific has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- Pacific set a season low for rebounds.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Pacific has a 14.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Khalil Kelley recorded a team season high in blocks with 3.
- The top two scorers (Lorenzo McCloud and Travis Fulton) accounted for 41.2% of the points.
- Lorenzo McCloud has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Ross Rivera has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 19 games this season.
UC Riverside Game Notes
- The Highlanders have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, UC Riverside has lost 21 close games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Patton and Taylor Johns) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Fox and Chris Patton) accounted for 51.6% of the rebounds.
- Chris Patton has led the team in scoring 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Josh Fox has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Robert Smith set a career high with a 75% field goal percentage.
- Chris Patton has 4 straight double-digit point games.