On a night when they scored 33 points from behind the arc, Cal Poly easily got by Hawaii 88-59 in Big West play. Chris Eversley had an impressive game for the Mustangs and put up a game-high 19 points and eight rebounds. Brian Bennett had a season-high 17 points and added nine rebounds. For the Warriors, Christian Standhardinger finished with a team-high 14 points and three rebounds. Cal Poly (8-9, 4-3 Big West) gets Cal State Northridge (10-10, 1-7 Big West) at home on Saturday, January 26th.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:07 left to go.
- Cal Poly started 8-9 during the 2010, 2003, 2002, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Cal Poly beat the spread by 23.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Cal Poly has been on the winning end of 11 blowout games.
- The Mustangs have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 38 or more rebounds.
- Cal Poly has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- Cal Poly has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Cal Poly has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Chris Eversley has 8 rebounds or more.
- The Mustangs set season highs for assists, field goals made, and three-pointers.
- The last time Cal Poly recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Feb 11, 2012 against UC Irvine.
- The Mustangs have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- Cal Poly has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--Cal Poly has a 13.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chris Eversley and Brian Bennett) accounted for 40.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brian Bennett and Chris Eversley) accounted for 44.7% of the rebounds.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Brian Bennett has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Chris Eversley had career highs with 8 field goals made, a 100% three-point percentage, and 4 steals.
- Drake U`u had career highs with 14 points and 8 assists.
Hawaii Game Notes
- Hawaii lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Isaac Fotu and Christian Standhardinger) accounted for 47.4% of the points.
- Isaac Fotu has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.