In a game where they turned the ball over 16 times, Weber State was edged by Montana State 79-74 in conference play. The Wildcats got a game-high 24 points from Davion Berry, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Kyle Tresnak had 13 points and added eight rebounds. Xavier Blount got a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds for the Bobcats. Weber State (13-4, 8-1 Big Sky) takes on Montana (13-4, 9-0 Big Sky) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Weber State Game Notes
- The Wildcats have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Weber State has lost 21 close games.
- Weber State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- The Wildcats set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time Weber State had a three-point percentage of 55.0% or higher was Jan 05, 2012 against Eastern Washington.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Wildcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Davion Berry recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- Davion Berry accounted for 32.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Tresnak and Frank Otis) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Kyle Tresnak has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry had a career high with 6 three-pointers.
- Kyle Tresnak has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Gelaun Wheelwright.
Montana State Game Notes
- The Bobcats won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana State has lost 22 close games.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Blount and Antonio Biglow) accounted for 45.5% of the points.
- Paul Egwuonwu accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Xavier Blount has led the team in scoring 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Paul Egwuonwu.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Christian Moon has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Xavier Blount set a career high with 8 field goals made.