No. 23 Ole Miss squared off with Tennessee on Thursday, January 24th and defeated the Volunteers 62-56 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Rebels stay undefeated against Tennessee this season. Marshall Henderson led the Rebels and put up a game-high 28 points, shooting 6 of 15 from three-point range. Reginald Buckner had 10 points and added eight rebounds. For the Volunteers, Jordan McRae got a team-high 26 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Ole Miss (16-2, 5-0 SEC) travels to Auburn (8-10, 2-3 SEC).
Ole Miss Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- The win over Tennessee extended the Ole Miss winning streak to 8 games.
- The Rebels have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- Ole Miss has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 35.0% or better.
- Ole Miss has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Ole Miss has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- Ole Miss has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Ole Miss has won 85% of the time (11-2) when Reginald Buckner has 10 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Marshall Henderson plays 32 minutes or more, and 89% of the time (16-2) when Murphy Holloway has 6 rebounds or more.
- Ole Miss set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, rebounds, and total points.
- The Rebels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Ole Miss has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 6th win of the season where the Rebels came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Ole Miss has a 23.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marshall Henderson accounted for 45.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reginald Buckner and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 18 games this season.
- Reginald Buckner has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Reginald Buckner has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Murphy Holloway.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Jordan McRae accounted for 46.4% of the team's points.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 7 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan McRae set career highs with 26 points and 11 free throws made.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Jarnell Stokes.