(9-8, 1-5 away)
(23) Mississippi 62
(16-2, 11-0 home)
Venue: Tad Smith Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||J McRae 14
||J Stokes 7
||T Golden 4
||M Henderson 19
||M Holloway 10
||J Summers 3
On Thursday, January 24th, Tennessee was clipped by No. 23 Ole Miss 62-56 in conference play. With the loss, the Volunteers are now 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Volunteers were paced by Jordan McRae, who put up a team-high 26 points and seven rebounds. Josh Richardson had three points and added four rebounds. For the Rebels, Marshall Henderson got a game-high 28 points, including 6-of-15 shooting from three-point range. Tennessee (9-8, 1-4 SEC) takes on Alabama (12-6, 4-1 SEC) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Tennessee Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- Tennessee beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Volunteers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Tennessee played 41 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 18-23.
- Tennessee has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.0% or better this season, Tennessee has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Tennessee has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Tennessee has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Volunteers set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time Tennessee recorded at least 21 turnovers was Feb 25, 2012 against South Carolina.
- Tennessee has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Volunteers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 46.4% of the team's points.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan McRae had career highs with 26 points and 11 free throws made.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Jarnell Stokes.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- Ole Miss won, but did not cover the spread.
- Marshall Henderson accounted for 45.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reginald Buckner and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 18 games this season.
- Reginald Buckner has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Reginald Buckner has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Murphy Holloway.