(10-9, 5-5 away)
Loyola Marymount 57
(8-12, 5-4 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||L Jackson 14
||S Davis 7
||C Willis 4
||A Ireland 19
||A Hamilton 6
||C Flint 4
Loyola Marymount faced off with Pepperdine on Thursday, January 24th and dropped a close one to the Waves 60-57 in conference play. Anthony Ireland put up a team-high 14 points plus seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) in the loss. Ayodeji Egbeyemi had 11 points and added eight rebounds. For the Waves, Jordan Baker got a game-high 21 points and seven rebounds. Loyola Marymount (7-12, 1-6 West Coast) welcomes 10th-ranked Gonzaga (17-2, 4-0 West Coast) on Thursday, January 31st.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- Loyola Marymount started 8-12 during the 2010, 2006, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The Lions have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount has lost 22 close games.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.1% or worse.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8% or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--LMU has a 9.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Ireland recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Ireland and Ayodeji Egbeyemi) accounted for 43.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ayodeji Egbeyemi and Anthony Ireland) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 20 games this season.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Bruce English.
- Godwin Okonji had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- The Waves won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Pepperdine has lost 24 close games.
- Stacy Davis recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 5.
- Jordan Baker accounted for 35.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stacy Davis and Jordan Baker) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Baker has led the team in scoring 6 times in 19 games this season.
- Stacy Davis has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Lorne Jackson set a career high with 4 steals.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Jordan Baker's career.
- Stacy Davis recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|B+||M. De Freitas||26||7||4||2||1||1||0|