On Thursday, January 24th, UNLV took on Wyoming and beat the Cowboys 62-50 in MWC play. Anthony Marshall was exceptional for the Rebels and put up 12 points. Quintrell Thomas had a season-high 13 points and added five rebounds. For the Cowboys, Leonard Washington got 13 points and seven rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). This makes three wins in a row for the Rebels. UNLV (16-4, 3-2 MWC) gets Nevada (10-8, 1-3 MWC) on their home court on Tuesday, January 29th.
UNLV Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:47 left to go.
- UNLV started 16-4 during the 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- UNLV beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Rebels have beaten the spread.
- UNLV has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.8% or better.
- This season UNLV has won 92% of the time (12-1) when Anthony Bennett has 17 points or more and 100% of the time (10-0) when Quintrell Thomas has 5 rebounds or more.
- UNLV set season lows for field goals made and rebounds.
- The Rebels have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 10 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--UNLV has a 18.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Bennett and Quintrell Thomas) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 20 games this season.
- Anthony Marshall has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Marshall had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Bryce Dejean-Jones.
Wyoming Game Notes
- Wyoming lost and did not cover the spread.
- Larry Nance Jr accounted for 32.0% of the team's points.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Larry Nance Jr has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
- Leonard Washington set a career high with 4 blocks.
- Larry Nance Jr has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Larry Nance Jr set a career high with 5 steals.