(11-7, 3-3 away)
Venue: Jon M. Huntsman Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 24, 2013
||A Crabbe 19
||D Kravish 7
||J Cobbs 4
||J Loveridge 12
||J Loveridge 7
||J DuBois 3
Utah took a home loss to California 62-57 in conference play on a night when they had 17 turnovers. The Utes were led by Jason Washburn, who put up a team-high 14 points and seven rebounds. Brandon Taylor had 10 points and added five assists. Allen Crabbe got a game-high 23 points and five rebounds for the Golden Bears. This makes three losses in a row for the Utes. Utah (7-10, 1-6 Pac 12) hosts Stanford (11-7, 2-3 Pac 12) on Sunday, January 27th.
Utah Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- The last time Utah started the season 9-10 was 2010.
- The Utes have been unlucky 7 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Utah has lost 24 close games.
- Utah has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 12 or fewer free throws made.
- The Utes have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 42.6% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 41.1% or better this season, Utah has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 4 or more blocks this season, Utah has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Utah set a season low for blocks.
- Utah has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Utah has a 10.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jason Washburn and Jordan Loveridge) accounted for 45.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Loveridge and Jason Washburn) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Jason Washburn has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Jason Washburn has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Taylor has 3 straight double-digit point games.
California Game Notes
- The Golden Bears won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, California has lost 27 close games.
- Tyrone Wallace recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- Justin Cobbs tallied a team season high in steals with 5.
- Allen Crabbe accounted for 37.0% of the team's points.
- Allen Crabbe has led the team in scoring 12 times in 18 games this season.
- Richard Solomon has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Allen Crabbe's career.
- Allen Crabbe has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Cobbs set a career high with 5 steals.