(6) Arizona 73
(16-2, 10-1 home)
Venue: McKale Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||S Muhammad 18
||K Anderson 9
||L Drew II 8
||M Lyons 15
||B Ashley 5
||M Lyons 3
On Thursday, January 24th, UCLA pulled off an upset against No. 6 Arizona 84-73 in Pac 12 action. With the win, the Bruins are now 2-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Shabazz Muhammad played brilliantly for the Bruins and put up a game-high 23 points and three rebounds. David Wear had 15 points and added eight rebounds. For the Wildcats, Nick Johnson finished with a team-high 23 points and five rebounds. Next up for UCLA (16-4, 6-1 Pac 12) is Arizona State (13-4, 3-2 Pac 12) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
UCLA Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:27 left to go.
- UCLA started 16-4 during the 2008 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- UCLA beat the spread by 19.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bruins have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, UCLA played 26 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 11-15.
- The Bruins have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- UCLA has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.8% or better.
- UCLA has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.4% field goal percentage.
- UCLA has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when opponents record 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season UCLA has won 80% of the time (8-2) when Jordan Adams has 15 points or more, 90% of the time (9-1) when Larry Drew II plays 35 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Shabazz Muhammad has 8 field goals made or more.
- UCLA set a season low for blocks.
- The Bruins have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 12 games.
- UCLA has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Shabazz Muhammad and David Wear) accounted for 45.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Anderson and David Wear) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Shabazz Muhammad has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Shabazz Muhammad's career.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Anderson recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Arizona Game Notes
- Arizona lost and did not cover the spread.
- Mark Lyons recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Nick Johnson tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- Nick Johnson accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Solomon Hill and Grant Jerrett) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Nick Johnson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 18 games this season.
- Solomon Hill recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Solomon Hill has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Solomon Hill recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 13th of his career.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Nick Johnson's career.
- Nick Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Nick Johnson.
- Nick Johnson set career highs with 23 points and 9 field goals made.
- Mark Lyons has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Mark Lyons.
- Grant Jerrett recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
|A||Larry Drew II||35||7||3||9||1||0||2|