On Thursday, January 24th, California turned the ball over just nine times and got a victory on the road against Utah 62-57 in conference play. Allen Crabbe played brilliantly for the Golden Bears and put up a game-high 23 points plus five rebounds. Tyrone Wallace had 12 points and added eight assists. Jason Washburn finished with a team-high 14 points and seven rebounds for the Utes. Next up for California (11-7, 3-3 Pac 12) is Colorado (12-6, 2-4 Pac 12) on Sunday, January 27th on the road.
California Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- California started 11-7 during the 2007 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- California beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Golden Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Bears have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, California has won 25 close games.
- California has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- This season California has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Allen Crabbe has 23 points or more.
- The Golden Bears set a season high for steals.
- The last time California recorded at least 16 steals was Dec 21, 2001 against Mount St. Mary's.
- The Golden Bears have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Tyrone Wallace recorded a team season high in assists with 8.
- Justin Cobbs tallied a team season high in steals with 5.
- Allen Crabbe accounted for 37.0% of the team's points.
- Allen Crabbe has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 18 games this season.
- Richard Solomon has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Allen Crabbe's career.
- Allen Crabbe has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Cobbs had a career high with 5 steals.
Utah Game Notes
- Utah lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Utes have lost 7 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Utah has lost 24 close games.
- The top two scorers (Jason Washburn and Jordan Loveridge) accounted for 45.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Loveridge and Jason Washburn) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Jason Washburn has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Jason Washburn has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Taylor has 3 straight double-digit point games.