(6) Arizona 73
(16-2, 10-1 home)
Venue: McKale Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||S Muhammad 18
||K Anderson 9
||L Drew II 8
||M Lyons 15
||B Ashley 5
||M Lyons 3
On Thursday, January 24th, No. 6 Arizona was stunned by UCLA 84-73 in conference play. The Wildcats got a team-high 23 points and five rebounds from Nick Johnson. Solomon Hill played his way to a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. For the Bruins, Shabazz Muhammad got a game-high 23 points and three rebounds. Arizona (16-2, 4-2 Pac 12) gets USC (8-11, 3-3 Pac 12) at home on Saturday, January 26th.
Arizona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:27 left to go.
- Arizona started 16-2 during the 2002 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Arizona set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Arizona has a 13.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mark Lyons recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Nick Johnson tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- Nick Johnson accounted for 31.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Solomon Hill and Grant Jerrett) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Nick Johnson has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Solomon Hill has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Solomon Hill recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Solomon Hill has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Solomon Hill recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 13th of his career.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Nick Johnson's career.
- Nick Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Nick Johnson.
- Nick Johnson had career highs with 23 points and 9 field goals made.
- Mark Lyons has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Mark Lyons.
- Grant Jerrett recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
UCLA Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shabazz Muhammad and David Wear) accounted for 45.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Anderson and David Wear) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Shabazz Muhammad has led the team in scoring 8 times in 20 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Shabazz Muhammad's career.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Anderson recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|A||Larry Drew II||35||7||3||9||1||0||2|