Portland State 63
(5-11, 0-9 away)
Southern Utah 76
(6-12, 5-4 home)
Venue: Centrum Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 24, 2013
||A Moore 14
||A Moore 7
||L McMullan 3
||J Stevenett 16
||J Cheesman 6
||D Heuir 2
On Thursday, January 24th, Southern Utah took on Portland State and beat the Vikings 76-63 in Big Sky action. Jayson Cheesman got 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Thunderbirds, earning a double-double. Jackson Stevenett also had an excellent game, scoring a game-high 21 points and adding three rebounds. For the Vikings, Aaron Moore finished with a team-high 19 points and nine rebounds. Southern Utah (6-12, 4-5 Big Sky) takes on Eastern Washington (4-14, 2-6 Big Sky) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:33 left to go.
- Southern Utah started 6-12 during the 2010, 2008, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- SUU beat the spread by 10.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Thunderbirds have beaten the spread.
- The Thunderbirds have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- SUU set a season low for turnovers.
- The Thunderbirds have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Southern Utah has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--SUU has a 5.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jackson Stevenett and Damon Heuir) accounted for 52.6% of the points.
- Jayson Cheesman accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Jayson Cheesman has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- Damon Heuir has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Jackson Stevenett's career.
- Jackson Stevenett has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Jayson Cheesman recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jayson Cheesman recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
Portland State Game Notes
- Portland State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Vikings losing streak to 3 games.
- Aaron Moore recorded a team season high in free throws made with 9 and free throws attempted with 12.
- Aaron Moore accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Aaron Moore and Dre` Winston Jr.) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 11 times in 16 games this season.
|C+||D. Winston Jr.||21||5||4||1||3||0||4|