Idaho State 51
(4-14, 1-10 away)
(13-4, 8-1 home)
Venue: Dahlberg Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||T Sanchez 12
||A Hatchett 4
||T Sanchez 3
||M Ward 15
||K Jamar 6
||W Cherry 4
On Thursday, January 24th, Idaho State was easily defeated by Montana 70-51 in conference play. At the half, Idaho State led 31-29, but Montana turned it around in the second half and pulled away for the win. Neveij Walters put up a season-high 12 points plus three rebounds in a losing effort. Nnamdi Ezenwa had five points and added four rebounds. For the Grizzlies, Mathias Ward finished with a game-high 21 points and four rebounds. Idaho State (4-14, 3-6 Big Sky) gets Montana State (7-9, 4-4 Big Sky) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Idaho State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:17 left to go.
- Idaho State started 4-14 during the 2011, 2009, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Idaho State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Bengals have lost 88% of the time this season (1-7) after having a field goal percentage of 38.6% or worse.
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Idaho State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.2% or better this season, Idaho State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Idaho State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Bengals have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Idaho State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Bengals opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Neveij Walters and Melvin Morgan) accounted for 43.1% of the points.
- Nnamdi Ezenwa has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Melvin Morgan has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Montana Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mathias Ward and Spencer Coleman) accounted for 58.5% of the points.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 17 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Mathias Ward's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Spencer Coleman's career.
- Spencer Coleman has 3 straight double-digit point games.