On Thursday, January 24th, Montana won big against Idaho State 70-51 in Big Sky play. Montana went into the locker room trailing 31-29, but the tide turned in the second half and they were too much for Idaho State to handle. The Grizzlies were led by Mathias Ward, who put up a game-high 21 points plus four rebounds. Kareem Jamar had 11 points and added seven rebounds. For the Bengals, Neveij Walters finished with a season-high 12 points and three rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Montana (13-4, 9-0 Big Sky) hosts Weber State (13-3, 8-0 Big Sky).
Montana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:17 left to go.
- The win over Idaho State extended the Montana winning streak to 9 games.
- UM beat the spread by 6.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- UM has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Montana has won 77% of the time (10-3) when Kareem Jamar has 11 points or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Mathias Ward plays 37 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (7-0) when Will Cherry has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Grizzlies have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Montana has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 5th win of the season where the Grizzlies came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--UM has a 11.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Mathias Ward and Spencer Coleman) accounted for 58.5% of the points.
- Mathias Ward has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 17 games this season.
- Kareem Jamar has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Mathias Ward's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Spencer Coleman's career.
- Spencer Coleman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Idaho State Game Notes
- Idaho State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Neveij Walters and Melvin Morgan) accounted for 43.1% of the points.
- Nnamdi Ezenwa has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Melvin Morgan has 3 straight double-digit point games.