Northern Colorado 65
(5-12, 1-9 away)
Northern Arizona 67
(7-12, 4-4 home)
Venue: Walkup Skydome
8:35PM ET / 5:35PM PT, January 24, 2013
||T Svihovec 16
||D Barden 10
||P Garnica 3
||G Rogers 28
||M Jacobsen 6
||D Russell 6
On Thursday, January 24th, Northern Colorado took on Northern Arizona and was edged by the Lumberjacks 67-65 in conference play. The Bears got a double-double out of Derrick Barden with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Tevin Svihovec also contributed, scoring a team-high 16 points and adding three rebounds. For the Lumberjacks, Gabe Rogers got a season-high 28 points on 58% shooting. Northern Colorado (5-12, 3-6 Big Sky) takes on Sacramento State (9-8, 4-5 Big Sky) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- UNC beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Bears have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Colorado is 22-28 in close games.
- Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 65 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9% or better this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.9% or better this season, Northern Colorado has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- The Bears have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Bears opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Tevin Svihovec and Derrick Barden) accounted for 44.6% of the points.
- Derrick Barden accounted for 32.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Tevin Svihovec has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 17 games this season.
- Derrick Barden recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Derrick Barden recorded a double-double. It was the 5th of his career.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- The Lumberjacks won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Northern Arizona is 22-26 in close games.
- Gabe Rogers recorded a team season high in points with 28 and field goals made with 11.
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 41.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Max Jacobsen and Stallon Saldivar) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 8 times in 19 games this season.
- Max Jacobsen has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Dewayne Russell has 7 straight double-digit point games.