(10-9, 2-4 away)
(2) Michigan 68
(18-1, 15-0 home)
Venue: Crisler Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||T Johnson 13
||A Hammons 6
||R Johnson 3
||T Burke 17
||G Robinson III 5
||T Burke 7
Purdue lost in a blowout to No. 2 Michigan 68-53 in conference play on Thursday, January 24th. At the half, Purdue led 33-32, but Michigan turned it around in the second half and put the game away. The Boilermakers now have a record of 1-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Boilermakers were led by D.J. Byrd, who put up 11 points and six rebounds. Rapheal Davis had 10 points and added eight rebounds. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke got a game-high 15 points and eight assists. Next up for Purdue (10-9, 3-3 Big Ten) is Iowa (13-6, 2-4 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 27th on their home court.
Purdue Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:42 left to go.
- Prior to this game, Purdue played 48 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 21-27.
- The Boilermakers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 38.9% or worse.
- Purdue has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 12 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Purdue has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 35 or more rebounds this season, Purdue has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Purdue has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Purdue set season lows for free throws made and rebounds.
- The Boilermakers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Purdue has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Boilermakers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Terone Johnson and D.J. Byrd) accounted for 47.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rapheal Davis and D.J. Byrd) accounted for 48.2% of the rebounds.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- D.J. Byrd has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terone Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Michigan Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke has 19 straight double-digit point games.
|A||G. Robinson III||37||12||9||1||0||0||0|
|B||Tim Hardaway Jr||36||13||4||1||1||2||3|