No. 2 Michigan squared off with Purdue on Thursday, January 24th and waxed the Boilermakers 68-53 in conference play. Purdue had the lead, 33-32 at halftime, but Michigan turned things around in the second half and won this one easily. Trey Burke played well for the Wolverines and put up a game-high 15 points plus eight assists. Glenn Robinson III had 12 points and added nine rebounds. For the Boilermakers, D.J. Byrd got 11 points and six rebounds. Michigan (18-1, 5-1 Big Ten) gets Illinois (15-5, 2-4 Big Ten) on the road on Sunday, January 27th.
Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:42 left to go.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Wolverines came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Michigan has a 24.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 19 games this season.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke has 19 straight double-digit point games.
Purdue Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Terone Johnson and D.J. Byrd) accounted for 47.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rapheal Davis and D.J. Byrd) accounted for 48.2% of the rebounds.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- D.J. Byrd has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terone Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.