Virginia scored 33 points from behind the arc and easily got by Virginia Tech 74-58 in ACC action on Thursday, January 24th. Evan Nolte was exceptional for the Cavaliers and put up a season-high 18 points, shooting 5 of 9 from three-point range. Justin Anderson also had a solid game, scoring 11 points and adding six assists. Erick Green picked up his fifth straight game with 22 points or more for the Hokies, scoring a ridiculous 35 points on 61% shooting in 38 minutes. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with a mind-blowing 35 points and nine rebounds. Virginia (13-5, 3-2 ACC) gets Boston College (9-9, 1-4 ACC) on their home court on Saturday, January 26th.
Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:20 left to go.
- The last time UVA started the season 13-5 was 1999.
- UVA beat the spread by 11.0 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Cavaliers have beaten the spread.
- The Cavaliers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Virginia has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0% or better.
- UVA has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 6 or fewer assists.
- This season Virginia has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Justin Anderson has 11 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Jontel Evans has 6 assists or more.
- The Cavaliers set season highs for steals and three-pointers.
- The last time UVA recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Feb 19, 2011 against Virginia Tech.
- UVA set a season low for turnovers.
- The Cavaliers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Evan Nolte recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5.
- The top two scorers (Evan Nolte and Joe Harris) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 18 games this season.
- Joe Harris has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Virginia Tech lost and did not cover the spread.
- Erick Green recorded a team season high in points with 35.
- Erick Green accounted for 60.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarell Eddie and Erick Green) accounted for 56.2% of the rebounds.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring 16 times in 18 games this season.
- Jarell Eddie has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has 5 straight 20+ point games.
- Erick Green set career highs with 35 points and 9 rebounds.