(10-8, 2-5 away)
Florida State 60
(11-7, 7-5 home)
Venue: Donald L. Tucker Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||D Booker 13
||D Booker 7
||R Hall 3
||M Snaer 14
||T Shannon 6
||M Snaer 2
On Thursday, January 24th, Clemson took on Florida State and lost a close one to the Seminoles 60-57 in conference play. The Tigers remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. The Tigers got a team-high 15 points and six rebounds from K.J. McDaniels. Devin Booker had 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Seminoles, Kiel Turpin finished with a career-high 16 points and four rebounds. Clemson (10-8, 2-4 ACC) takes on Virginia Tech (11-7, 2-3 ACC) on Sunday, January 27th on their home court.
Clemson Game Notes
- Clemson started 10-8 during the 2004 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Clemson beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Clemson has lost 32 close games.
- Clemson has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Tigers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 40.7% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 36.4% or better this season, Clemson has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 41.3% or better this season, Clemson has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- Clemson set a season low for steals.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Tigers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (K.J. McDaniels and Devin Booker) accounted for 52.6% of the points.
- K.J. McDaniels has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Devin Booker has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Florida State Game Notes
- Florida State won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Seminoles won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida State has lost 23 close games.
- The top two scorers (Kiel Turpin and Michael Snaer) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (10) than the starters (9).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||14||2||0||1||1||0||1|