(10-8, 2-5 away)
Florida State 60
(11-7, 7-5 home)
Venue: Donald L. Tucker Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||D Booker 13
||D Booker 7
||R Hall 3
||M Snaer 14
||T Shannon 6
||M Snaer 2
Florida State squared off with Clemson on Thursday, January 24th and snuck past the Tigers 60-57 in ACC play. The Seminoles go to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Seminoles got the win with a career-high 16 points and four rebounds from Kiel Turpin. Devon Bookert had 11 points and added two rebounds. K.J. McDaniels finished with a team-high 15 points and six rebounds for the Tigers. Florida State (11-7, 3-2 ACC) takes on 25th-ranked Miami (FL) (13-3, 5-0 ACC) on Sunday, January 27th on the road.
Florida State Game Notes
- The last time FSU started the season 11-7 was 1998.
- The Seminoles have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida State has won 42 close games.
- Florida State has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- The Seminoles have won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- FSU has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Florida State has won 79% of the time (11-3) when Okaro White has 10 points or more and 82% of the time (9-2) when Michael Snaer has 4 field goals made or more.
- FSU set a season low for steals.
- Florida State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Seminoles came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--FSU has a 3.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kiel Turpin and Michael Snaer) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (10) than the starters (9).
Clemson Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Clemson has lost 32 close games.
- The top two scorers (K.J. McDaniels and Devin Booker) accounted for 52.6% of the points.
- K.J. McDaniels has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Devin Booker has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||14||2||0||1||1||0||1|