(13-7, 11-2 home)
Venue: Robins Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||T Graham 16
||J Reddic 7
||D Theus 4
||D Brothers 16
||D Williams 6
||C Lindsay 3
On Thursday, January 24th, No. 19 Virginia Commonwealth allowed 36 points from three-point territory to Richmond and was upset by the Spiders 86-74 in overtime. Juvonte Reddic got a team-high 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Rams, earning a double-double. Treveon Graham played his way to a double-double as well with 15 points and 10 rebounds. For the Spiders, Kendall Anthony finished with a game-high 26 points, including 5-of-9 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Virginia Commonwealth (16-4, 4-1 A-10) welcomes La Salle (13-4, 3-2 A-10).
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:34 left to go.
- Virginia Commonwealth has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Rams have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 7-5.
- The Rams have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia Commonwealth has lost 30 close games.
- Virginia Commonwealth has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 5 or fewer steals.
- The Rams have lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 38.6% or worse.
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, Virginia Commonwealth has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Rams set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time VCU recorded at least 27 free throws made was Feb 25, 2012 against George Mason.
- VCU set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The Rams have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Virginia Commonwealth has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 7.
- The top two scorers (Juvonte Reddic and Treveon Graham) accounted for 47.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Juvonte Reddic and Treveon Graham) accounted for 52.6% of the rebounds.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 15 times in 20 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Darius Theus.
- Treveon Graham recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Treveon Graham has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Treveon Graham recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Treveon Graham had career highs with 10 rebounds and 6 offensive rebounds.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Juvonte Reddic's career.
- Juvonte Reddic has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 11th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rob Brandenberg.
Richmond Game Notes
- Darien Brothers recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- Kendall Anthony tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- Kendall Anthony accounted for 30.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Greg Robbins and Terry Allen) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- Kendall Anthony has led the team in scoring 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Greg Robbins has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Greg Robbins set a career high with 8 rebounds.
- Darien Brothers has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Kendall Anthony's career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Deion Taylor.