Western Kentucky 57
(11-10, 3-7 away)
South Alabama 65
(10-8, 5-5 home)
Venue: Mitchell Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 24, 2013
||J Crook 14
||B Harris 6
||J Crook 4
||A Rubit 19
||A Rubit 10
||F Goldstein 2
Western Kentucky faced off with South Alabama on Thursday, January 24th and was taken down by the Jaguars 65-57 in conference play. The Hilltoppers got six points and six rebounds from Teeng Akol. Brandon Harris also had a solid outing, scoring a team-high 14 points and adding seven rebounds. Augustine Rubit recorded a double-double for the Jaguars on a game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Western Kentucky (11-10, 5-5 Sun Belt) heads to Middle Tennessee State (17-4, 9-1 Sun Belt).
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:18 left to go.
- Western Kentucky started 11-10 during the 2009, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Western Kentucky has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Hilltoppers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 36.8% or worse.
- Western Kentucky has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Western Kentucky has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 17 or fewer turnovers this season, Western Kentucky has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- The Hilltoppers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Harris and T.J. Price) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Harris and Teeng Akol) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Brandon Harris has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 11 times in 21 games this season.
- Brandon Harris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant has 4 straight double-digit point games.
South Alabama Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Augustine Rubit and Antoine Allen) accounted for 58.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Augustine Rubit and Mychal Ammons) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 13 times in 18 games this season.
- Augustine Rubit recorded the 43rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Augustine Rubit has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Augustine Rubit recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 36th of his career.
- Mychal Ammons has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|D+||B. Stevens II||18||1||0||2||0||0||1|