On Thursday, January 24th, Middle Tennessee State got a victory on the road against North Texas 72-64 in conference action. The Blue Raiders remain undefeated against North Texas this season at 2-0. Marcos Knight had an impressive game for the Blue Raiders and put up a team-high 15 points plus five assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). James Gallman Jr scored 13 points. Niko Stojilkovic got 12 points and nine rebounds for the Mean Green. Middle Tennessee State (17-4, 9-1 Sun Belt) takes on Western Kentucky (11-10, 5-5 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- The last time MTSU started the season 17-4 was 1997.
- The win over North Texas extended the Middle Tennessee State winning streak to 6 games.
- The Blue Raiders have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Middle Tennessee State has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Middle Tennessee State has won 90% of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 38.5% or better.
- MTSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer assists.
- MTSU has won 83% of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 29.4% three-point percentage.
- This season Middle Tennessee State has won 86% of the time (12-2) when Marcos Knight has 5 field goals made or more and 85% of the time (11-2) when Shawn Jones has 5 rebounds or more.
- MTSU set a season low for rebounds.
- The Blue Raiders have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- Marcos Knight has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 21 games this season.
- Shawn Jones has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 21 games this season.
North Texas Game Notes
- Jordan Williams accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Niko Stojilkovic and Tony Mitchell) accounted for 46.8% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Williams has led the team in scoring 5 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Jordan Williams's career.
- Roger Franklin has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Roger Franklin.