FL Internationial 80
(11-8, 5-6 away)
LA Lafayette 75
(7-15, 6-4 home)
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||T Murphy 15
||T Murphy 7
||D Hill 2
||S Long 16
||S Long 10
||E Payton 5
On Thursday, January 24th, Florida International took on Louisiana and got a road victory against the Ragin Cajuns 80-75 in Sun Belt action. With the win, the Golden Panthers remain undefeated against Louisiana this season at 2-0. Tymell Murphy got 16 points and 16 rebounds for the Golden Panthers, earning a double-double. Jerome Frink also had an outstanding game, scoring a team-high 20 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Ragin Cajuns, Elfrid Payton finished with a game-high 22 points and seven assists (5 Reb 4 Stl). Florida International (11-8, 6-4 Sun Belt) gets South Alabama (10-8, 7-3 Sun Belt) on the road on Sunday, January 27th.
Florida International Game Notes
- The last time FIU started the season 11-8 was 1999.
- The win over Louisiana extended the Florida International winning streak to 3 games.
- FIU beat the spread by 7.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Golden Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Panthers have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Florida International has won 27 close games.
- The Golden Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Florida International has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 43.1% or better.
- This season Florida International has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Tymell Murphy has 16 points or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Malik Smith has 4 free throws made or more.
- Florida International has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- The top two scorers (Jerome Frink and Tymell Murphy) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- Tymell Murphy accounted for 42.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Jerome Frink has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 19 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tymell Murphy has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Tymell Murphy recorded a double-double. It was the 6th of his career.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Jerome Frink's career.
Louisiana Game Notes
- Louisiana lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Ragin Cajuns have lost 8 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisiana has lost 39 close games.
- This loss extended the Ragin Cajuns losing streak to 3 games.
- Alan-Michael Thompson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6 and three pointers attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Elfrid Payton and Alan-Michael Thompson) accounted for 58.6% of the points.
- Shawn Long accounted for 36.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Elfrid Payton has led the team in scoring 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Shawn Long has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Elfrid Payton's career.
- Elfrid Payton has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Elfrid Payton set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Alan-Michael Thompson's career.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Shawn Long's career.
- Shawn Long has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Long has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 4 straight games.
- Shawn Long recorded a double-double. It was the 13th of his career.
- Elridge Moore set a career high with 5 assists.
|A||M. Porcher Jimenez||19||13||1||3||1||0||1|