On Thursday, January 24th, Troy defeated Arkansas State 74-67 in overtime. Emil Jones led the Trojans and put up a team-high 16 points and three rebounds. Antoine Myers had 13 points and added three rebounds. Brandon Peterson registered a double-double for the Red Wolves on 15 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Troy (8-12, 3-6 Sun Belt) is Louisiana-Monroe (3-12, 2-7 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Troy Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:05 left to go.
- The last time Troy started the season 8-12 was 2006.
- Troy beat the spread by 15.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Trojans have beaten the spread.
- Troy has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Trojans have played in 15 overtime games with a record of 8-7.
- The Trojans have won 6 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Troy has won 28 close games.
- Troy has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 34 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Troy has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Emil Jones has 16 points or more.
- The Trojans set a season high for steals.
- Troy has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 4th win of the season where the Trojans came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Troy has a -0.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Emil Jones has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Josh Warren has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Emil Jones has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Emil Jones had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Ray Chambers had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- Arkansas State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Red Wolves have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas State has lost 33 close games.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Golden and Brandon Peterson) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Brandon Peterson accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Peterson has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 19 games this season.
- Brandon Peterson recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Peterson recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 16th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Edward Townsel.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kelvin Downs.