Arkansas State 67
(11-8, 3-6 away)
Venue: Trojan Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 24, 2013
||E Townsel 15
||B Peterson 9
||R Dickerson 2
||E Jones 11
||R Chambers 5
||H Williams 3
On Thursday, January 24th, Arkansas State was taken down by Troy 74-67 in overtime. Brandon Peterson earned a double-double for the Red Wolves with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Cameron Golden was sharp from three-point range, going 6 for 9 on the way to a season-high 18 points (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Trojans, Emil Jones got a team-high 16 points and three rebounds. Arkansas State (11-8, 5-3 Sun Belt) takes on Florida Atlantic (10-11, 5-5 Sun Belt) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 1st OT with 0:05 left to go.
- Arkansas State started 11-8 during the 2009 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Arkansas State has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Red Wolves have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 4-8.
- The Red Wolves have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas State has lost 33 close games.
- The Red Wolves have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.5% or worse.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Arkansas State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.2% or better this season, Arkansas State has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Red Wolves opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Golden and Brandon Peterson) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Brandon Peterson accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Peterson has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 19 games this season.
- Brandon Peterson recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Peterson recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 16th of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Edward Townsel.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Kelvin Downs.
Troy Game Notes
- The Trojans won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Troy has lost 32 close games.
- Emil Jones has led the team in scoring 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Josh Warren has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Emil Jones has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Emil Jones set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Ray Chambers set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.