Florida Atlantic 62
(10-11, 3-8 away)
Ark-Little Rock 65
(13-9, 12-2 home)
Venue: Jack Stephens Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||G Gantt 22
||J McCoy 5
||J Trapp 2
||W Neighbour 11
||W Neighbour 6
||J Hagins 3
Florida Atlantic let one slip to Arkansas-Little Rock 65-62 in conference play on Thursday, January 24th. At the half, Florida Atlantic led 35-19, but Arkansas-Little Rock took control in the second half and came back to win it. Stefan Moody got a season-high 24 points plus four rebounds in the Owls loss. Cavon Baker also had a strong showing, scoring five points and adding four rebounds. Will Neighbour registered a double-double for the Trojans on a career-high 24 points and 11 rebounds. Florida Atlantic (10-11, 5-5 Sun Belt) gets Arkansas State (11-8, 5-3 Sun Belt) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- The last time FAU started the season 10-11 was 2006.
- FAU beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- The Owls have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida Atlantic has lost 27 close games.
- Florida Atlantic has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 7 or more blocks this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5% or better this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Owls set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time FAU had a three-point percentage of 70.0% or higher was Feb 18, 2006 against Kennesaw State.
- FAU set season lows for blocks and steals.
- The Owls have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 9 games.
- Florida Atlantic has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Owls opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Stefan Moody accounted for 38.7% of the team's points.
- Stefan Moody has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Jordan McCoy has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Stefan Moody's career.
- Stefan Moody has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Greg Gantt has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Kelvin Penn.
Arkansas-Little Rock Game Notes
- Arkansas-Little Rock won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Trojans won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas-Little Rock has lost 25 close games.
- Will Neighbour recorded a team season high in points with 24.
- Will Neighbour accounted for 36.9% of the team's points.
- Will Neighbour accounted for 34.3% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (15).
- Will Neighbour has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 14 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Will Neighbour's career.
- Will Neighbour recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 6th of his career.
- Will Neighbour set a career high with 24 points.