(9-8, 7-2 away)
Utah State 68
(14-4, 10-2 home)
Venue: Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, January 24, 2013
||K Butler 9
||J Reves 8
||S White-Miller 3
||P Medlin 16
||J Shaw 8
||P Medlin 3
Utah State faced off with Texas-Arlington on Thursday, January 24th and took a home loss to the Mavericks 74-68 in conference play. Spencer Butterfield earned a double-double in the loss including a season-high 23 points and 11 rebounds. Ben Clifford had a season-high 12 points and added nine rebounds. Cameron Catlett got 13 points and six assists for the Mavericks. Utah State (14-4, 5-3 WAC) hosts Louisiana Tech (16-3, 7-0 WAC) on Saturday, January 26th.
Utah State Game Notes
- Utah State started 14-4 during the 2005, 2002, 2001, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Utah State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Utah State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--USU has a 7.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Spencer Butterfield accounted for 33.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Spencer Butterfield and Ben Clifford) accounted for 48.7% of the rebounds.
- Spencer Butterfield has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Spencer Butterfield's career.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jarred Shaw.
Texas-Arlington Game Notes
- Shaquille White-Miller recorded a team season high in free throws made with 8.
- The top two rebounders (Greg Gainey and Jordan Reves) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Karol Gruszecki has led the team in scoring 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Brandon Edwards set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.