In a low-scoring game, IPFW lost by a slim margin to Western Illinois 43-40 in conference play. With the loss, the Mastodons stay winless against Western Illinois this season at 0-2. The Mastodons were led by Mario Hines, who put up a game-high 13 points and seven rebounds. Frank Gaines had eight points and added six rebounds. For the Leathernecks, Adam Link finished with eight points and seven rebounds. Next up for IPFW (9-13, 2-6 Summit League) is IUPUI (5-17, 1-8 Summit League) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
IPFW Game Notes
- The last time IPFW started the season 9-13 was 2007.
- The Mastodons have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, IPFW has lost 19 close games.
- IPFW has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 15 or fewer field goals made.
- The Mastodons have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 34.9% or worse.
- When the opposition commits 12 or fewer turnovers this season, IPFW has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- IPFW set season lows for assists, field goals made, and total points.
- IPFW has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Mario Hines accounted for 32.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mario Hines and Frank Gaines) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Mario Hines has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- The Leathernecks won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Illinois has lost 28 close games.
- The top two scorers (Ceola Clark III and Remy Roberts-Burnett) accounted for 48.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Adam Link and Terell Parks) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Ceola Clark III has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.