Western Illinois 43
(16-4, 6-3 away)
Venue: Hilliard Gates Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||T Parks 12
||T Parks 9
||C Clark III 4
||F Gaines 17
||M Hines 5
||I McCray 2
In a defensive struggle, Western Illinois got a slim victory over IPFW 43-40 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Leathernecks stay unbeaten against IPFW this season. Adam Link led the Leathernecks and put up eight points plus seven rebounds. Remy Roberts-Burnett got 10 points. For the Mastodons, Mario Hines finished with a game-high 13 points and seven rebounds. Western Illinois (16-4, 8-1 Summit League) takes on Oakland (9-13, 4-4 Summit League) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- The Leathernecks have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Western Illinois has won 26 close games.
- The Leathernecks have won 92% of the time this season (12-1) after recording 5 or more three-pointers.
- Western Illinois has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- WIU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 15 or fewer field goals made.
- WIU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.9% field goal percentage.
- This season Western Illinois has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Ceola Clark III has 11 points or more, 81% of the time (13-3) when Jack Houpt plays 32 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Remy Roberts-Burnett has 4 field goals made or more.
- WIU set a season low for rebounds.
- The top two scorers (Ceola Clark III and Remy Roberts-Burnett) accounted for 48.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Adam Link and Terell Parks) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Ceola Clark III has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
IPFW Game Notes
- The Mastodons have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, IPFW has lost 19 close games.
- Mario Hines accounted for 32.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mario Hines and Frank Gaines) accounted for 46.4% of the rebounds.
- Mario Hines has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 22 games this season.
|C+||Ceola Clark III||38||11||1||3||2||0||5|
|C+||Don McAvoy III||20||5||4||0||1||0||1|