On Thursday, January 24th, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi took on Nicholls State and was tripped up by the Colonels 69-62 in conference play. The Islanders got a team-high 18 points and five assists (4 Reb 3 Stl) from Johnathan Jordan. William Nelson played his way to a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. For the Colonels, Fred Hunter finished with a game-high 19 points and four rebounds. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (2-15, 1-6 SLC) gets Southeastern Louisiana (6-11, 4-3 SLC) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes
- The last time TAMUCC started the season 2-15 was 2011.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- The Islanders have lost 90% of the time this season (1-9) after having a three-point percentage of 27.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- The Islanders set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time TAMUCC recorded at least 20 turnovers was Feb 29, 2012 against Texas-Arlington.
- TAMUCC set a season low for blocks.
- The top two scorers (Johnathan Jordan and William Nelson) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- William Nelson accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Johnathan Jordan has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- William Nelson has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 17 games this season.
- William Nelson recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- William Nelson recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Fred Hunter and Dantrell Thomas) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Jeremy Smith has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Fred Hunter has 5 straight double-digit point games.