On Thursday, January 24th, North Carolina-Greensboro won a nail-biter over Samford 66-64 in conference action. The Spartans were led by Trevis Simpson, who put up a season-high 30 points plus five rebounds. Kayel Locke had four points and added nine rebounds. Tim Williams finished with a team-high 19 points and nine rebounds for the Bulldogs. North Carolina-Greensboro (5-13, 2-4 SoCon) takes on Chattanooga (8-12, 3-4 SoCon) on Sunday, January 27th at home.
North Carolina-Greensboro Game Notes
- North Carolina-Greensboro started 5-13 during the 2002 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- UNCG has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- UNCG has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UNCG has a 5.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Trevis Simpson recorded a team season high in points with 30.
- Trevis Simpson accounted for 45.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kayel Locke and Kelvin McNeil) accounted for 41.0% of the rebounds.
- Trevis Simpson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Trevis Simpson's career.
- Trevis Simpson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Drew Parker had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Samford Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford has lost 25 close games.
- The top two scorers (Tim Williams and Tyler Hood) accounted for 51.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tim Williams and Will Cook) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Tim Williams has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 14 times in 20 games this season.
- Tim Williams has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Raijon Kelly has 20 straight double-digit point games.