(12-7, 4-5 away)
Western Carolina 74
(8-12, 5-3 home)
Venue: Ramsey Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||D Brooks 13
||D Brooks 6
||N Cochran 3
||T Sumler 18
||T King 5
||T Sumler 4
Davidson scored 36 points from behind the arc and won on the road versus Western Carolina 79-74 in SoCon play on Thursday, January 24th. Nik Cochran put on a show for the Wildcats and put up a career-high 32 points, shooting 6 of 8 from three-point range. Tyler Kalinoski also had a solid game, scoring 10 points and adding four rebounds. For the Catamounts, Trey Sumler got a team-high 22 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Davidson (12-7, 7-1 SoCon) travels to Appalachian State (8-9, 4-3 SoCon).
Davidson Game Notes
- Davidson started 12-7 during the 2005, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Western Carolina extended the Davidson winning streak to 3 games.
- The Wildcats have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Davidson has won 25 close games.
- The Wildcats have won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after recording 25 or more field goals made.
- Davidson has won 75% of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Davidson has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Nik Cochran plays 36 minutes or more, 88% of the time (7-1) when Jake Cohen has 5 field goals made or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Chris Czerapowicz has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats set season highs for field goal percentage and three-point percentage.
- The last time Davidson had a three-point percentage of 57.1% or higher was Jan 07, 2012 against Georgia Southern.
- Nik Cochran recorded a team season high in points with 32, field goals made with 10, and three-pointers with 6.
- Nik Cochran accounted for 40.5% of the team's points.
- Nik Cochran has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Jake Cohen has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Nik Cochran's career.
- Nik Cochran had career highs with 32 points, 10 field goals made, and 6 three-pointers.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- The Catamounts have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Western Carolina has lost 28 close games.
- The top two scorers (Trey Sumler and Brandon Boggs) accounted for 59.4% of the points.
- Tawaski King accounted for 34.6% of the team's rebounds.
- Trey Sumler has led the team in scoring 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Tawaski King has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Trey Sumler's career.
- Trey Sumler has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Sumler set a career high with 9 field goals made.
- Tawaski King has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Brandon Boggs's career.
- Brandon Boggs has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Brandon Boggs.
- Brandon Boggs set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tom Tankelewicz.