Murray State 47
(15-4, 8-1 away)
Tennessee Tech 39
(7-12, 4-4 home)
Venue: Eblen Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||I Canaan 15
||E Daniel 10
||S Wilson 2
||J Dillard 12
||M Marseille 7
||J Samarrippas 3
In a low-scoring matchup, Murray State got a win on the road against Tennessee Tech 47-39 in OVC play. Ed Daniel got 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Racers, earning a double-double. Isaiah Canaan had 15 points and added three rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Dennis Ogbe finished with 10 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Murray State (15-4, 6-1 OVC) heads to Jacksonville State (13-7, 5-4 OVC).
Murray State Game Notes
- The last time Murray State started the season 15-4 was 2003.
- The win over Tennessee Tech extended the Murray State winning streak to four games.
- Murray State beat the spread by one points. That makes the 7th time this season the Racers have beaten the spread.
- The Racers have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 42 or more rebounds.
- Murray State has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Murray State has won 78 percent of the time (14-4) when Isaiah Canaan has 15 points or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Stacy Wilson plays 34 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Ed Daniel has four field goals made or more.
- The Racers set a season high for turnovers (23).
- The last time Murray State recorded at least 23 turnovers was Dec 21, 2011 against Tennessee-Martin.
- Murray State set season lows for assists (five), field goals made (16), field goal percentage (34.0), three-pointers (one), three-point percentage (5.6), and total points (47).
- The Racers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the seventh win of the season where the Racers came back after being down at halftime.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ed Daniel and Brandon Garrett) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 19 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 19 games this season.
- Isaiah Canaan has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ed Daniel has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 12th of his career.
Tennessee Tech Game Notes
- This loss extended the Golden Eagles losing streak to three games.
- Terrell Barnes recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- Jud Dillard accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (14).
- Jud Dillard has led the team in scoring 14 times in 19 games this season.
- Jud Dillard has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Barnes set a career high with five steals.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Ammanuel Diressa.