Belmont squared off with Morehead State on Thursday, January 24th and just barely beat the Eagles 64-63 in OVC action. It looked like this one could get ugly, with Morehead State up 36-25 at the half, but Belmont was able to make a comeback and secure the win in the second half. Ian Clark put up his fifth straight game with 20 points or more for the Bruins, scoring a game-high 20 points (4 Ast 3 Reb) on 70% shooting in 34 minutes. The Bruins got the win with a game-high 20 points and four assists from Ian Clark. J.J. Mann had 11 points and added five assists. For the Eagles, Angelo Warner finished with 11 points and two rebounds. Next up for Belmont (16-4, 7-0 OVC) is Eastern Kentucky (16-4, 6-1 OVC) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Belmont Game Notes
- The win over Morehead State extended the Belmont winning streak to 7 games.
- The Bruins have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Belmont has won 24 close games.
- The Bruins have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Belmont has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0% or better.
- Belmont has won 100% of the time this season (11-0) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- This season Belmont has won 100% of the time (6-0) when J.J. Mann has 11 points or more, 91% of the time (10-1) when Ian Clark plays 34 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (9-0) when Kerron Johnson has 5 free throws made or more.
- Belmont set a season low for rebounds.
- The Bruins have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Bruins came back after being down at halftime.
- Ian Clark accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kerron Johnson and Trevor Noack) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Ian Clark has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 20 games this season.
- Kerron Johnson has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has 5 straight 20+ point games.
Morehead State Game Notes
- The Eagles have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Morehead State has lost 24 close games.
- The top two scorers (Bakari Turner and Milton Chavis) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Posthumus and Drew Kelly) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Bakari Turner has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Bakari Turner has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Chad Posthumus recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chad Posthumus recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.