Morehead State faced off with Belmont on Thursday, January 24th and lost a close one to the Bruins 64-63 in conference play. Morehead State held a 36-25 lead at the half, but Belmont fought back in the second half and got the win. The Eagles were led by Angelo Warner, who put up 11 points and two rebounds. Chad Posthumus played his way to a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Ian Clark put up his fifth straight game with 20 points or more for the Bruins, scoring a game-high 20 points (4 Ast 3 Reb) on 70% shooting in 34 minutes. Ian Clark finished with a game-high 20 points and four assists for the Bruins. Morehead State (10-11, 4-3 OVC) takes on Tennessee State (12-9, 6-2 OVC) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
Morehead State Game Notes
- Morehead State started 10-11 during the 2011 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- MSU beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Morehead State has lost 24 close games.
- Morehead State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Morehead State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--MSU has a 9.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Bakari Turner and Milton Chavis) accounted for 44.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Posthumus and Drew Kelly) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Bakari Turner has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Bakari Turner has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Chad Posthumus recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chad Posthumus recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Belmont Game Notes
- Belmont won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Bruins won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Belmont has lost 21 close games.
- Ian Clark accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kerron Johnson and Trevor Noack) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Ian Clark has led the team in scoring 12 times in 20 games this season.
- Kerron Johnson has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Ian Clark's career.
- Ian Clark has 5 straight 20+ point games.