Long Island 78
(9-10, 3-7 away)
St. Francis (NY) 68
(8-10, 3-4 home)
Venue: Pope Physical Education Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
|St. Francis (NY)
||J Olasewere 18
||J Olasewere 8
||J Brickman 8
|St. Francis (NY)
||J Cannon 16
||J Cannon 9
||B Jones 4
On Thursday, January 24th, St. Francis (NY) lost in front of the home crowd against Long Island 78-68 in conference play. Long Island was down 33-21 at the half, but came out strong in the second half to get the comeback victory. The Terriers got a season-high 14 points and eight assists (4 Reb 3 Stl) from Brent Jones. Jalen Cannon played his way to a double-double with a team-high 21 points and 10 rebounds. Jamal Olasewere registered a double-double for the Blackbirds on 20 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when St. Francis (NY) (8-10, 4-3 NEC) heads to Central Connecticut State (7-11, 3-4 NEC).
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:49 left to go.
- St. Francis (NY) started 8-10 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- St. Francis (NY) has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- The Terriers have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 28.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, St. Francis (NY) has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Terriers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--SFNY has a 1.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jalen Cannon accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Jalen Cannon accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (32).
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 16 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Jalen Cannon's career.
- Jalen Cannon has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jalen Cannon recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 16th of his career.
- Brent Jones had career highs with 6 field goals made and 8 assists.
Long Island Game Notes
- The top two scorers (C.J. Garner and Jamal Olasewere) accounted for 53.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamal Olasewere and C.J. Garner) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- C.J. Garner has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This game was the 16th double-digit assist game of Jason Brickman's career.
- Jason Brickman set a career high with 4 steals.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 25th of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere set a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.