Long Island 78
(9-10, 3-7 away)
St. Francis (NY) 68
(8-10, 3-4 home)
Venue: Pope Physical Education Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
|St. Francis (NY)
||J Olasewere 18
||J Olasewere 8
||J Brickman 8
|St. Francis (NY)
||J Cannon 16
||J Cannon 9
||B Jones 4
Long Island won on the road against St. Francis (NY) 78-68 in NEC action on Thursday, January 24th. Long Island found themselves down 33-21 at halftime, but put together a big second-half push to salvage the win. Jamal Olasewere got 20 points and 11 rebounds for the Blackbirds, earning a double-double. C.J. Garner had a game-high 22 points and added six rebounds. For the Terriers, Brent Jones finished with a season-high 14 points and eight assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). Next up for Long Island (9-10, 4-3 NEC) is Bryant (13-5, 6-1 NEC) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Long Island Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:49 left to go.
- The last time LIU started the season 9-10 was 2008.
- The win over St. Francis (NY) extended the Long Island winning streak to 4 games.
- Long Island has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- The Blackbirds have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 39 or more rebounds.
- LIU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- This season Long Island has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Brandon Thompson has 14 points or more, 86% of the time (6-1) when C.J. Garner has 4 free throws made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Jamal Olasewere has 11 rebounds or more.
- LIU set a season low for blocks.
- The Blackbirds have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Blackbirds came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Garner and Jamal Olasewere) accounted for 53.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamal Olasewere and C.J. Garner) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- C.J. Garner has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This game was the 16th double-digit assist game of Jason Brickman's career.
- Jason Brickman had a career high with 4 steals.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Jamal Olasewere recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 25th of his career.
- Jamal Olasewere had a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- Jalen Cannon accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Jalen Cannon accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (32).
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 16 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Jalen Cannon's career.
- Jalen Cannon has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jalen Cannon recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 16th of his career.
- Brent Jones set career highs with 6 field goals made and 8 assists.