Central Conn. 78
(7-11, 4-6 away)
(7-12, 3-8 home)
Venue: TD Bank Sports Center
7:35PM ET / 4:35PM PT, January 24, 2013
||K Vinales 22
||M Hunter 7
||K Vinales 3
||I Azotam 14
||I Azotam 9
||D Johnson 4
Quinnipiac outrebounded Central Connecticut State 51-31 and defeated the Blue Devils 85-78 in conference action on Thursday, January 24th. Ike Azotam picked up a double-double in the Bobcats win including 13 points and 17 rebounds. Shaq Shannon was solid from three-point range, going 6 for 10 to get to a season-high 18 points overall (5 Reb 4 Ast). Kyle Vinales got a game-high 32 points on 60% shooting for the Blue Devils. Quinnipiac (7-12, 3-4 NEC) takes on Fairleigh Dickinson (7-13, 2-5 NEC) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:14 left to go.
- Quinnipiac started 7-12 during the 2003 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- This season Quinnipiac has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Shaq Shannon has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Bobcats set season highs for assists and three-pointers.
- The last time Quinnipiac recorded at least 8 three-pointers was Nov 19, 2011 against Navy.
- Quinnipiac set a season low for turnovers.
- The Bobcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 19 games.
- Quinnipiac has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Quinnipiac has a -1.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shaq Shannon recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6 and three pointers attempted with 10.
- Ike Azotam tallied a team season high in rebounds with 17, offensive rebounds with 7, and defensive rebounds with 10.
- Dave Johnson tallied a team season high in assists with 8.
- The top two scorers (Shaq Shannon and Zaid Hearst) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
- Ike Azotam accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ike Azotam has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 19 games this season.
- Ike Azotam recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ike Azotam has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Ike Azotam recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 24th of his career.
- Zaid Hearst has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Central Connecticut State Game Notes
- Kyle Vinales accounted for 41.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Terrell Allen and Malcolm McMillan) accounted for 48.3% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (12).
- Kyle Vinales has led the team in scoring 12 times in 18 games this season.
- Malcolm McMillan set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Kyle Vinales's career.
- Kyle Vinales has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Adonis Burbage.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Terrell Allen.
|-||James Ford Jr||5||2||0||0||0||0||0|