Niagara vs. Siena: Full Game Preview
|Niagara||A Mason 18.4||A Tanksley 5.7||J Green 4.6|
|Siena||O Anosike 13.0||O Anosike 11.6||E Hymes 3.6|
Siena welcomes Niagara to Times Union Center on Friday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on TWCSN. The Saints lost to the Purple Eagles 87-64 on January 17th and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
Siena is currently in 7th place in the MAAC and Niagara is in 1st place.
In their last outing, despite 11 points from Rich Audu, the Saints fell to Canisius 76-44 on January 19th. He contributes 0.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 3.1 points per game. In a 64-60 victory over Manhattan on January 19th, Antoine Mason put up 15 points for the Purple Eagles. His 18.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Niagara has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Purple Eagles have the upper hand over the Saints, 74 points per game to 57 points per game. Niagara will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 17.3 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 29th in the country.
- It must sting. Siena has blown out Niagara by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1997.
- The Siena three-point leader (Rob Poole) has more three-pointers than the Niagara three-point leader (Marvin Jordan).
- Evan Hymes is ranked 7th in the MAAC in three-pointers and 10th in the MAAC in assists.
- O.D Anosike is ranked 2nd nationally in rebounds and 6th in the MAAC in blocks.
- The Siena blocks leader (O.D Anosike) has more blocks than the Niagara blocks leader (Joe Thomas).
- Rob Poole is ranked 5th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- The Siena rebounding leader (O.D Anosike) has more rebounds than the Niagara rebounding leader (Ameen Tanksley).
- Siena has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.590 to 0.499).
- Siena has a better scoring defense (66.2 allowed per game vs 76.3 allowed per game) than Niagara this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Siena has come back to win after being down at half against Niagara 5 times since 1997.