|Stetson||A Pegg 15.9||A Pegg 5.8||J Naburgs 3.5|
|Florida Gulf Coast||S Brown 15.1||S Brown 6.1||B Comer 6.1|
On Friday, Stetson heads to Alico Arena to take on Florida Gulf Coast. It takes place at 7:05 EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Hatters are 3-5 against the Eagles over the last four years. The last time they met (2/17/2012) they won 86-80.
Stetson is in 1st place in the Atlantic Sun and Florida Gulf Coast is in 4th. Both teams continue to fight for position. Stetson is looking to add to its five-game win streak.
In an 85-69 dismantling of Lipscomb on January 19th, Chris Perez put up 21 points and 7 rebounds for the Hatters. He tallies 14.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.1 steals per game. For the Eagles, Sherwood Brown put up 29 points and 10 rebounds in the 73-54 blowout of Northern Kentucky on January 19th. He leads the team in points with 15.1 per game and rebounds with 6.1 per game.
Florida Gulf Coast StatSmack
- The Stetson three-point leader (Aaron Graham) has more three-pointers than the Florida Gulf Coast three-point leader (Sherwood Brown).
- The Stetson rebounding leader (Willie Green) has more rebounds than the Florida Gulf Coast rebounding leader (Eric McKnight).
- Stetson players are more experienced than Florida Gulf Coast players (12,932 minutes played vs 10,987 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Stetson currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (947 to 932) than Florida Gulf Coast, per the NCAA.
- Stetson is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Stetson is 203 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Florida Gulf Coast.
- Stetson beat Florida Gulf Coast by 6 points the last time they played (Feb 17, 2012).