|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 17.6||E Etherly 6.8||R Williams 3.5|
|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 6.9||R Stores 2.8|
On Friday, Manhattan plays host to Loyola (MD) at Draddy Gymnasium. It takes place at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPNU. The Jaspers are 2-7 against the Greyhounds over the last four years. They lost 62-60 the last time they played (2/26/2012).
Manhattan maintains 6th place in the MAAC while Loyola (MD) is in 2nd place.
In their last match-up, Mohamed Koita finished with 13 points in the Jaspers 64-60 loss against Niagara on January 19th. He contributes 1.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.4 points per game. For the Greyhounds, Erik Etherly finished with 16 points and 9 rebounds in the 65-60 win over Fairfield on January 21st. He averages 15.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.8 rebounds per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Loyola (MD) has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Greyhounds have the upper hand over the Jaspers, 65 points per game to 58 points per game. Loyola (MD) ranks 1st in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.8, which also places them 18th in the country.
Loyola (MD) StatSmack
- Manhattan is a better three-point shooting team (31.3% vs 27.2%) than Loyola this season.
- Rhamel Brown is ranked 6th in the MAAC in rebounds and 1st in the MAAC in blocks.
- Manhattan has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.517 to 0.406).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Manhattan has had more players drafted by the NBA than Loyola (1 vs 0).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Manhattan has come back to win after being down at half against Loyola 3 times since 2001.
- It must sting. Manhattan has blown out Loyola by 20 points or more on 9 occasions since 1999.
- The Manhattan rebounding leader (Rhamel Brown) has more rebounds than the Loyola rebounding leader (Anthony Winbush).
- The Manhattan blocks leader (Rhamel Brown) has more blocks than the Loyola blocks leader (Jordan Latham).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Manhattan has a stronger schedule than Loyola this season (SOS Rank: #233 vs #246).
|F||M. Jackson Jr.||4||0||1||1||0||0||1|