St. Peter's vs. Iona: Full Game Preview
|St. Peter's||D Washington 14.3||Y Raymond 5.2||B Ffrench 5.2|
|Iona||L Jones 22.2||D Laury 10.1||L Jones 3.9|
Iona hosts St. Peter's at Hynes Athletic Center on Friday. The game tips off at 7:00 EST. The Gaels fell to the Peacocks 64-62 on December 5th and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
St. Peter's is in 10th place in the MAAC and Iona is in 2nd place.
In their last match-up, Lamont Jones finished with 20 points in the Gaels 67-62 loss against Rider on January 20th. He leads the team in points with 22.2 per game and assists with 3.9 per game. For the Peacocks, Darius Conley finished with 16 points and 9 rebounds in the 59-48 loss to Marist on January 19th. He contributes 4.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.0 points per game.
Iona has a statistical advantage over St. Peter's in one significant category, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Peacocks, 81 points per game to 59 points per game.
St. Peter's StatSmack
- The Iona three-point leader (Sean Armand) has more three-pointers than the St. Peter's three-point leader (Desi Washington).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Iona has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than St. Peter's (2 vs 0).
- Sean Armand is ranked 22nd nationally in points, 5th in the MAAC in rebounds, 4th nationally in three-pointers, and 8th in the MAAC in assists.
- Even computers respect Iona more. We have a better RPI this season than St. Peter's (RPI: #131 vs #177).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Iona currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 958) than St. Peter's, per the NCAA.
- Taaj Ridley is ranked 9th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- Iona is a better free-throw-shooting team (79.8% vs 60.5%) than St. Peter's this season.
- The Iona scoring leader (Lamont Jones) has more points than the St. Peter's scoring leader (Desi Washington).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Iona has a stronger schedule than St. Peter's this season (SOS Rank: #140 vs #170).
- It must sting. Iona has blown out St. Peter's by 20 points or more on 11 occasions since 1997.