|Brigham Young||T Haws 21.6||B Davies 7.3||M Carlino 4.4|
|Gonzaga||K Olynyk 18.0||E Harris 6.9||K Pangos 3.7|
On Thursday, No. 10 Gonzaga welcomes Brigham Young at McCarthey Athletic Center. It gets started at 11:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN2. The Bulldogs are 2-2 against the Cougars over the last four years. They won 77-58 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Brigham Young is in 2nd place in the West Coast and will be trying to close the gap with Gonzaga, who is currently in 1st place.
In their last game, Sam Dower put up 20 points in the Bulldogs 64-63 loss to Butler on January 19th. In addition to his 7.9 points per game, he is also chipping in 3.4 rebounds per game. For the Cougars, Brandon Davies put up 17 points and 7 rebounds in the 74-57 blowout of San Diego on January 19th. He leads the team in rebounds with 7.3 per game and blocks with 1.3 per game. Brigham Young will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: turnover percentage at 17.3 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.8.
Brigham Young StatSmack
- Gonzaga allows fewer rebounds (28.1 allowed per game vs 35.7 allowed per game) than Brigham Young this season.
- The Gonzaga steals leader (David Stockton) has more steals than the Brigham Young steals leader (Brandon Davies).
- Elias Harris is ranked 6th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- Gonzaga has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.769 to 0.637).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Gonzaga has had more players drafted by the NBA than Brigham Young (5 vs 4).
- It's only wins and losses, but Gonzaga has a better overall record than Brigham Young this season (13-1 vs 10-4).
- AP voters think more highly of Gonzaga and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Brigham Young (137 vs 65).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Gonzaga is superior to Brigham Young (Latest AP Poll: #10 vs Not Ranked).
- You get an A for effort, but Gonzaga has emerged victorious against Brigham Young the last 2 times they've played.
- Gonzaga takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Brigham Young (10 vs 8).
- Gonzaga is a better three-point shooting team (37.4% vs 31.5%) than Brigham Young this season.
|C||Guy Landry Edi||14||4||3||0||0||0||1|